Welcome to the 2014 Making It In Michigan Conference and Trade Show – Wednesday, November 12, 2014. If you are a food or agricultural entrepreneur, producer, buyer, and processor, you don’t want to miss this day!
This year’s theme is Fresh Thinking For Success – New Ideas for Building an Iconic Brand and Instilling Brand Engagement with Retailers and Customers.
Have an idea for a food business?
You can interact with the Product Center Team and thriving Michigan food businesses and learn how to make your idea a viable reality.
Have a product developed and need distribution channels?
Exhibit your product in front of hundreds of key Michigan food and agricultural buyers at the Marketplace trade show.
Want to learn more about making your business more efficient and profitable?
Our educational sessions cover strategies for the following:
· Working with retailers to learn what it takes to get new products on the shelf and how the size of the retailer has an influence on this opportunity
· Expanding your food business and meeting your customers’ needs and expectations
· Learning how to engage in effective marketing with limited resources, including social media and public relations opportunities
· Commercializing your food formula and overcoming challenges to keep your product safe, maintain its quality and provide the necessary shelf-life.
· Understanding the process of ensuring safety for canned or processed foods and learning who can assist you with the process for your product
· Discovering what’s new and popular in poly films and how they can meet your product’s flexible packaging needs
· Learning about the current status of the Food Safety Modernization Act areas of Preventive Controls for Human Food, Product Safety, Reportable Food Registry and Record Keeping
· Acquiring the right legal structure to protect your business and your product
Early registration for the conference is $79.00, and, in addition to the educational sessions, includes breakfast, lunch, digital access to all presentations and reference materials as well as the Marketplace Trade Show. After November 1, 2014 the conference registration fee goes up to $99.00 per person. Click here to register for the conference or sign up as a vendor.
If you are a new or existing business trying to find the right customers, expand your markets or increase your distribution, the Marketplace trade show is also a must for your business success. You’ll be able to interact with other Michigan food vendors and have access to hundreds of key Michigan food and agricultural buyers. The trade show continues to grow at record levels, with over 160 anticipated vendors in 2014. Don’t forget, general admission to the Marketplace trade show is free!