Welcome to the 2015 Making It In Michigan Conference and Marketplace Trade Show - held on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at the Lansing Center.
This year’s theme was “Ingredients for Success – Components and Processes for Safe, Sound and Smart Product Development.”
Have an idea for a food business? Participants interacted with the Product Center Team and thriving Michigan food businesses and learned how to make their idea a viable reality.
Have a product developed and need distribution channels? Exhibitors put their products in front of hundreds of key Michigan food and agricultural buyers at the Marketplace trade show.
Need to learn more about making your business more efficient and profitable? Our educational sessions covered strategies for the following:
- Processing know-how for shelf-stable products
- Understanding the nuts and bolts of risk reduction
- Taking the business to the next level
- Preparing for an unannounced food inspection visit
- Understanding legal basics for starting a food business
- Keeping your food business sales growing
- Learning how to build the right team
- Breaking into the retail market
- Being recall ready
- Discovering your competitive advantage in the specialty food market
This year’s keynote panel featured leading industry food technologists and engineers discussing “do’s and don’ts” of product development and production.
to our featured partner
and our other sponsors