The Making It In Michigan Conference will be held Wednesday, November 16 from 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 PM at the Lansing Center. The theme of this year’s Conference is “Taste The Future - Cultivating Forward Thinking Strategies For Long Term Success.”
Conference attendees will be equipped with the practical knowledge and industry resources needed to move an idea from the concept stage to a finished and marketable product. Attendees will be able to corroborate and refine business ideas, connecting with industry experts offering insights making businesses more efficient and profitable.
The educational sessions will bring together leading Michigan experts to help guide attendees through the following areas:
- Proof of Concept
- Keys to FSMA compliance in putting together your food safety plan
- Preparing for sound record keeping
- Branding your product and marketing your image
Starting Your Business
- Regulatory and licensing for the beginning food entrepreneur
- Farmers markets – what do they offer to my business
Growing Your Business
- Making sense of social media and other communication innovations jargon
- Becoming retailer savvy to meet customer needs
- Financing beyond the bank loan – alternative choices
The Mature Business
- Determining if imports and exports will be a good fit for your food business
- Navigating legal issues in hiring employees
The $85 per person conference registration fee includes breakfast, lunch, and educational sessions, digital copies of all presentations and reference materials and admission to the Marketplace trade show. On November 1, 2016 the conference registration fee goes up to $100 per person.
Thank you to Meijer and Kroger for partnering with the MSU Product Center to offer the Making It In Michigan Conference and Trade Show along with placing locally produced food products in their stores across the state.